Click on this link to watch Episode 2: Kindness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBNk7SfG5Y
My new yoga video is ready. Try it out with the kids before school – it only takes 10 minutes…
Click here to read the article in the Wentworth Courier about the work Troy is doing at Bourke Street Primary School in Sydney’s inner city.
Mr Yoga Australia was also featured in the Canterbury/Bankstown Torch newspaper about the classes he is running at Banksia Road Primary School, Greenacre. Click on the link and go to page 22 to read the full article.
Mr Yoga Australia’s video on the “Calming the Classroom” Yoga & Mindfulness program is online now. Click on the link to hear Mr Yoga talk about the program plus hear from the Bronte Public School Principal, Teacher and Students on why they love the Mr Yoga Australia program in their school community.
Click on the link to read about how Mr Yoga Australia is calming down the classroom at Rozelle Primary School. The article is from the Sydney Morning Herald, Saturday 18 August, 2012.
1. A fresh new sport: Yoga is non-competitive, non-violent and a great alternative to traditional school sports
2. Yoga is for everyone. Yoga builds balance, flexibility and strength for students who are good at sport. Students who do not normally enjoy sport will love the non-competitive challenges of yoga. They will enjoy the exercise without the pressure often associated with team sports.
3. Be active! Students are active and participating the entire time during the yoga class – no one waiting on the sidelines for their turn or not participating.
4. Learn patience and concentration: the yoga poses are progressive and challenge students in a gentle and patient way. Good for students with ADHD.
5. A happier school: Yoga promotes happiness and calmness which leads to decreased levels of stress, sickness, bullying and obesity
6. Promotes good health: Students learn how to focus on the present moment, be kind to their bodies and lead a happy life. Also, yoga has a low risk of injury as yoga is gentle on the body.
7. Low cost activity: Little equipment is required – just some floor space and mats
8. Not weather dependent: yoga can be practised indoors or outdoors – so no need to leave the school grounds!
9. Mr Yoga (Troy Osman) is a qualified primary school and yoga teacher. No need for the school to provide an additional teacher to supervise. A great way to provide the mandatory RFF (relief from face-to-face) for teachers
10. All of Mr Yoga’s classes are covered by Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
11. Mr Yoga’s program includes a tailored program for each school Stage including lesson outlines with demonstrable outcomes linked to the Personal Development, Health and Physical Education Syllabus
12. Measure your progress: Mr Yoga’s program includes report comments for every student who participates in the program, plus a weekly column for your school’s newsletter including tips on how to practice poses at home
13. Mr Yoga’s classes are unique: the classes involve musical instruments including the didgeridoo, Tibetan singing bowl and ends with a session of gratitude. The poses are appropriately named after Australian animals which is relevant for the Australian classroom
14. Specialised HSC programs are also available for Year 11 and 12 students that provide focus on breathing, stress management and clearing the mind to focus on study
15. Try before you buy: Mr Yoga offers a free introductory lesson for all schools to experience the benefits of yoga
BONUS: For every school that signs up to the Mr Yoga program, Mr Yoga will provide a free weekly yoga class for the staff